Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lotus Ganesha

In the past few years, I've been dabbling with art (again). As a child, I would draw, paint, cut, paste...constantly. In fact, most of my memories are of me "art-ing" my heart out.  As I grew older, many of the grown-ups would talk to me about art, reveal their artistic talents and then say "I stopped drawing when I started college" (or something to that effect). I was shocked. Why would anyone stop doing something they used to love? I was determined to not let this happen to me... but I almost gave up.

Finally, I found a way. I started teaching art to children. I saw their beaming faces, complete disregard to any inhibition and use whatever colors they wanted, create beautiful pictures (my opinion) and then scribble over it because that's what made it beautiful to them... I learned more from them than I could ever teach them. I learned to keep the child-like spirit alive and just seize the crayon, charcoal, paintbrush, whatever and create!


This illustration was done in pastels. It's my depiction of a simpler Lord Ganesha and his vahana (vehicle). I drew Tibetan style clouds and a couple lotus.  This drawing was completed a couple days ago, and will be posted in my Etsy shop soon!

Lotus Ganesha

No comments:

Post a Comment